
"How old were you when you got your first cell phone?" Boyfriend asked me.
"Thirteen or fourteen, I think" I replied.
"Did you ever think that cell phones would come to this?" he asked, as my phone told me (from the car dock, mind you) that I needed to exit the freeway in another mile to arrive at my desired destination, Blue Lemon Bistro.
I must have been in kindergarden or first grade when my parents got their first cell phones. I remember that day a little bit. It was during Christmas break, and my mom and I had to drive up to L.A. to get the phones. From my memory, these phones were HUGE - something like a walkie-talkie you'd take hiking in the Amazon. My parents even got leather/plastic protective cases for their phones. That was my favorite part of the phone - the squeaky plastic/leather covering.

I had no idea that cell phones would ever evolve to this point. Charles Darwin would be proud. My current cell phone not only gives me accurate directions, but also tracks my location. Not to mention the standard cell phone accessories - internet, email, camera/video. Somehow, my cell phone new that I was out of town this weekend. My cell phone even told me of a variety of different restaurants, grocery stores, entertainment. near Chateau Tyler, where I was staying. Restaurants were sorted under category (chinese, pizza, diner...) and then either rating or distance from my location. I am sure that there are a bazillion other things that my phone can and will do; I just haven't discovered it yet.
So, I was confident in my answer to Boyfriend.
"Definitely not... I was so excited that my phone's screen lit up blue!"
1 comment:
This is semi depressing because I got my first cell phone when I was a sophomore in college. My parents didn't get one until a few years later. I'm beginning to feel a bit dated.
Post a Comment